Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs
It was in 2005, at the 34th National Day to be exact, when by late H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, announced the flagship “Political Empowerment Programme” geared towards the people and institutions of the UAE. Ever since, the Emirates has set out on an ambitious path of political empowerment and development, setting an important precedent and creating a one-of-a-kind parliamentary experience that caters to the unique aspects of its community and to the needs and demands of its people.
Building on the solid relationship its leadership has forged with the people, the UAE is embarking on a new phase of political development, eyeing both balanced advancement and active, gradual political participation. We are building on our experiences and successes, taking measures that propel us towards new horizons, all in the pursuit of a prosperous and progressive society, where the public interest and people’s happiness come first.
To that end, the Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs spearheads the effort to coordinate between the Government and the Federal National Council and promote synergy and complementarity between the executive and legislative authorities. This, in turn, galvanises future-focused initiatives and projects across all sectors, which resonate with the very ethos of the “Government of the Future”, formed by our wise leaders to transform the UAE into a role model for excellence in the world and a beacon for the future industry.
The Ministry of State for FNC Affairs, for its part, wholeheartedly abides by the UAE leadership’s directive to embed innovation into the very fabric of our culture and day-to-day lives. This is evident in the bold initiatives we have launched to promote political awareness and participation in the community.
Over the past decade, the Ministry has set an example of excellence and leadership with its performance and achievements. It will continue on this path of success, launching one successful initiative after the other to further solidify the relationship between the legislative and executive authorities, and to ensure nationwide sustainable development.
- Coordination between the government and the FNC.
- Participate in drafting legislation related to the role of the FNC.
- Coordinate media affairs related to parliamentary life and practices.
- Assistant Undersecretary of the Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs
- Assistant Undersecretary of Support Services
- Undersecretary's Office
- Strategy & Future Department
- MFNCA wins ‘Best Entity in Wellbeing at the Workplace’ (for ministries with less than 500 employees) at the 6th Mohammed bin Rashid Government Excellence Award 2022.
- MFNCA and four other government entities competed for the ‘Leading Federal Entity’ (for ministries with less than 500 employees) category at the 6th Mohammed bin Rashid Government Excellence Award 2022.
- In 2021 the Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs (MFNCA) has earned the Gold Accreditation from the Investors in Human Resources Foundation in recognition of its outstanding results in effectively managing human resources.
- Qualifying among the top five Government entities nominated to win the Mohammed bin Rashid Government Excellence Award 2019 for the Leading Federal Entity category.
- The Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs (MFNCA) was awarded the European Innovation Management Standard TS 16555 (CEN/TS 16555-1-2013) certification, issued by Lloyd’s Register, UK, for implementing an integrated innovation management system in accordance with the international certification’s requirements.
- The successful organisation of the FNC elections in 2006, 2011, 2015 and 2019.
- The Ministry of State for FNC Affairs ranked first among federal authorities in terms of positivity in the workplace, scoring 91% in 2018.
- The Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs (MFNCA) has won Silver at the 2019 Stevie Awards in the Best Human Resources Department category, beating more than 4,000 government entities from 74 countries around the world.
- Issuing the first set of executive instructions in the history of the UAE to regulate the FNC elections in 2006, and developing them in 2011,2015 and 2019.
- The Ministry of State for FNC Affairs ranked among the top five federal agencies on the Happiness Index 2018, with a score of 89%.
- The organisation of the first forum for government bodies tasked with coordinating between cabinets and parliaments in the Arab world in 2010.
- The Ministry won the Emirates Award for Excellence in Government Performance in the Joint Working Group category in 2012.
- The Ministry has obtained ISO 9001: 2008 certification, Global Environment Management System (2004ISO 14001) and Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSAS 18001: 2007).
- Organizing the annual ‘Building Political Awareness Forum for University Students’ since 2012
- Ran for first place in the Most Improved Federal Entity category of the Sheikh Khalifa Government Excellence Program 2014.
- Technical and logistical support for the UAE National Committee to Combat Human Trafficking, since its inception in 2007 and until 2016.
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
In the UAE, women enjoy the same constitutional rights as men. As per The Global Gender Gap Report 2015, the UAE is the third in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for gender balance. It scores above the regional average across all sub-indexes except ‘Health and Survival’, with 96 per cent of the gender gap closed. It ranks first in the region on literacy rate and third on wage equality for similar work.
Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs Holds Parliamentary
Session on Women’s Leadership
The Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs, in partnership with the General Women’s Union (GWU), organised a panel discussion titled “Parliament Leadership of Emirati Women” at the headquarters of the Women Association of Umm Al Quwain.
Reduce inequality within and among countries.
The UAE is taking several path-breaking efforts to reduce social inequalities especially within the UAE. In February 2016, H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai, introduced the post of Minister of State for Tolerance in the UAE Cabinet to promote tolerance as a fundamental value of the UAE community.
|Partner name||Partnership type|
|Federal National Council||strategic|
|Ministry of Cabinet Affairs||strategic|
|Ministry of Interior||Main|
|Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority||Main|
|Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization||Main|
|General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowments||Main|
|Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology||Main|
|Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation||Main|
|Office of the Minister of State for International Cooperation||Main|
|Office of the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs||Main|