Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs Celebrates UAE Flag Day
The Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs (MFNCA) took part in nationwide celebrations to mark UAE Flag Day in both of its branches in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Flag Day commemorates the accession of Founding Father His Highness the late Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan to the UAE Presidency. To mark […]
GCC GOV HR Awards 2019: Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs Wins HR Team of the Year Award
The Ministry of State for Federal National Council Affairs (MFNCA) has won the GCC GOV HR Team of the Year Award at the GCC GOV HR Awards 2019
Jul 31, 2019
Training of election authorities members willing to be nominated
H.C.T – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, R.A.K, Fujairah
H.E Abdulrahman Bin Mohamed Al Owais
Cabinet Member and Minister of Health and Prevention, Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs
H.E. Abdul Rahman Al Owais joined the federal Government in 2006 as the Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development. In addition, he has held the position of Acting Minister of Health from 2011 until 2013 when he was appointed as Minister of Health. In February 2016, the name of the Ministry of Health was changed to Ministry of Health and Prevention, increasing the responsibilities of the ministry to focus on prevention and protection of society from diseases in addition to regulating the health sector. He has been also appointed as Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs following the Cabinet reshuffle of October 2017Read More
Media representatives are welcome to use all information on this website. For more details, interviews, information, press releases, photos and other media material, please fill the form below.
The Ministry of State for Federal National Council (FNC) Affairs was established by Federal Decree No. 10 of 2006. Issued on February 11, 2006, the decree provided for the formation of the Council of Ministers, including, for the first time, a Minister dedicated to tending to the affairs of the Federal National Council. The new position was created after the UAE’s leadership voiced its desire to find more effective communication and coordination channels between the FNC and the Government.
- Coordinating between the Government and the Federal National Council with regards to the Council’s jurisdiction.
- Participating in the drafting of legislation pertaining to the role of the Federal National Council.
- Supervising media affairs and coverage of parliamentary life.
- All other functions vested in the Ministry of FNC Affairs by virtue of laws, regulations and decisions of the Council of Ministers.
Strengthening the relationship between the Government and the Federal National Council and promoting political participation.
We have a unique and innovative approach to developing cooperation between the executive and legislative authorities in the UAE, and to promoting political participation, all in an effort to spread happiness among the people of the UAE.
- Foster a more efficient and effective cooperation and coordination between the Government and the Federal National Council.
- Promote political participation among citizens.
- Provide administrative services that meet the highest standards of quality, efficiency and transparency.
- Establish a culture of innovation in the workplace.